After learning about Problem/Project Based Learning, I was excited to think about a way to creatively integrate it into my classroom. I think that engaging students in a fun and interesting way is a goal that all teachers strive for and PBLs seem to do it all!
As I thought about how to incorporate this into my class, I wanted to find a way to start the year that would encourage students to adopt a growth mindset and incorporate collaborative opportunities for students to get to know one another. Keeping these goals in mind, I developed a growth mindset pbl in which the students would define, characterize, reflect on, and embody the characteristics of growth mindset. Through the use of picture books, new vocabulary, and various technology tools, students will gain new knowledge that we will continue to use throughout the year. I am really looking forward to using this unit in the fall!
As I created this unit, I was surprised how easy it was for me to create activities for the students to do once I had written the essential questions. Really, writing the essential questions was the hardest part, but after that, it was smooth sailing! I look forward to seeing all of the insightful observations and wonderful creations the students make during the unit!

Comments
Post a Comment