As I reflect on this class experience, I am really happy with the unit I created! I like that this course focused primarily on the development of one unit, instead a series of smaller assignments. I feel that using this platform helps because I will actually have use for it during the next school year. I also liked that I was inspired to include new tech tools that I may not have otherwise known about into the unit design.
By creating and completing this unit on Extreme Weather Events, I feel like I will have a quality unit to begin the school year with for my group of gifted readers. It will be an awesome way to start the year so that they understand expectations that will be consistent throughout the year.
I appreciated the peer feedback during our course, and it helped me to refine my products. It also encouraged me to try something new as I was inspired by the units that the other teachers created! We definitely have some talented people who teach in our district and I am honored to have worked with them and learned from their ideas! Thanks all!! :)
By creating and completing this unit on Extreme Weather Events, I feel like I will have a quality unit to begin the school year with for my group of gifted readers. It will be an awesome way to start the year so that they understand expectations that will be consistent throughout the year.
I appreciated the peer feedback during our course, and it helped me to refine my products. It also encouraged me to try something new as I was inspired by the units that the other teachers created! We definitely have some talented people who teach in our district and I am honored to have worked with them and learned from their ideas! Thanks all!! :)
Hi, Hayley!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree that this course was meaningful because we focused on one unit that can be implemented in our classroom! Your 4th graders are going to love your weather unit! You should be very proud of how much time and energy you put into your unit! Enjoy the rest of you summer and good luck in the fall!
Lauren
Hayley,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you enjoyed this class as much as I did! I also really liked that we were able to focus on creating a unit throughout this course. I like that we were actually given time to develop a unit and then were able to share it with each other too! I'm excited to look over your final plan and see what you have done with it! Have a great summer!
Hayley,
ReplyDeleteI agree- having the end product of this course being a full unit, rather than isolated lessons, was great. It helped with the flow of planning with the end in mind and incorporating new tech tools along the way with lots of quality feedback from classmates. Obviously, the best thing is having a purposeful unit that will be used in the upcoming school year! Your weather unit sounds like it will be fantastic, great job!
Happy Summer,
Beth