One artifact from this class I am very proud of is the eLearning Unit which we developed throughout the course of the class. Through researching and becoming comfortable with Problem Based Learning, we were asked to develop a unit of our own through which the students would learn content as well as incorporate technology to solve a problem and answer the essential questions.
I created a unit based on the weather unit in science for 4th grade. I decided to make this unit for my small group of gifted readers as our first project for the year.
Through the use of TrueFlix ebook called Extreme Weather, students would learn about the various types of extreme weather, discuss, analyze, connect, and compare or contrast the events to one another. Through the use of scaffolded lessons, students would ultimately be able to create a concept map to show their understanding of extreme weather events and their answers to the essential questions.
I am looking forward to the excitement of the students as we research these intense weather events and use new and cool tools to share and show what they learn!

Comments
Post a Comment