This course was definitely one that I've enjoyed!! I had the opportunity to explore a variety of tech tools and consider new ways to incorporate them into my classroom. I have been inspired by Scott, our instructor, and other members of class to think differently about how I teach, ways which materials are presented to students, and how they can show what they know.
I really enjoyed learning more about PBL Lessons because I can see how excited students would get about working on them! I struggled with making appropriate essential questions at first, but after some practice and discussing it with other class members, I felt more confident with following through with my project.
I am thrilled with the relevance of this class! I feel like the units and activities I created will be perfect additions to what I already teach and will be able to be added fluidly to my current curriculum. Often, I feel like there are so many cool, new things I want to try, but I don't have the time to try them out or meaningfully add them to my instruction. Scott's expertise with certain tech tools and his openness to explore tools he is not as familiar with was an enlightening perspective to have in an instructor. He allowed us time to explore, was patient when directing questions about tools, and offered creative ways to implement new ideas.
I truly am excited to start the next school year with this new ideas in my toolbox and trusted colleagues to bounce ideas off of!
I really enjoyed learning more about PBL Lessons because I can see how excited students would get about working on them! I struggled with making appropriate essential questions at first, but after some practice and discussing it with other class members, I felt more confident with following through with my project.
I am thrilled with the relevance of this class! I feel like the units and activities I created will be perfect additions to what I already teach and will be able to be added fluidly to my current curriculum. Often, I feel like there are so many cool, new things I want to try, but I don't have the time to try them out or meaningfully add them to my instruction. Scott's expertise with certain tech tools and his openness to explore tools he is not as familiar with was an enlightening perspective to have in an instructor. He allowed us time to explore, was patient when directing questions about tools, and offered creative ways to implement new ideas.
I truly am excited to start the next school year with this new ideas in my toolbox and trusted colleagues to bounce ideas off of!
Hayley,
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you about the amount of learning we gained from Scott and other members of the class! Learning about PBL's has increased my confidence and desire to implement them in my class. Thanks for all your insightful ideas and comments.
I also was very thrilled with the relevance of this course to our regular classroom instruction. I now feel that I have additional ideas, tools, and strategies to add to my arsenal. It makes me excited to start next school year with tools such as EdPuzzle and Flipgird to enhance my instruction! Scott did a great job letting us explore a variety of valuable resources, and I am very thankful for that!
ReplyDeleteHayley,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you enjoyed this class as much as I did! I agree, being able to explore the tech tools has given me inspiration to use them in my classroom! Scott, our classmates, and you have been great resources and I can't wait to use the tools next year! We need to keep sharing ideas with each other next year and the years to come! :-)
"Often, I feel like there are so many cool, new things I want to try, but I don't have the time to try them out or meaningfully add them to my instruction. "
ReplyDeleteHayley, I'm glad we had that extra time to explore the tools as you wrote above. Thank you so much for lending your expertise in how to use FlipGrid. It's now one of my favorite collaboration tools!